Since the development of online cycling platform such as Zwift. There has been a huge increase in the popularity of online racing and cycling events. Poole Wheelers have a number of virtual racing teams and have a WhatsApp group to help organise the team! If you would like to join the group, contact Pete Watkins for more information (also watch his YouTube race videos) or check our Facebook group (search the group topic ‘Zwift’ for a history of all posts on this topic).
ZRL / WTRL (Zwift Racing League)
Races/leagues are split into categories of rider ability with Cat-A being the strongest/fastest group going down to Cat-B, Cat-C and Cat-D. Generally racing is based on Zwift with results taken from Zwift Power. The Zwift Power platform is where all the results are compiled and managed along with rider categorisation to ensure all races include riders of similar ability. WTRL leagues generally last for eight weeks with one race per week (currently on a Tuesday evening). We would love to see more people get involved with this… drop us a message!
Instructions to join the Poole Wheelers Zwift Power Team:-
- Create an account on Zwift Power
- Once logged-in, click on the Zwift Power icon in the top left hand corner
- Click on “Team”
- Under “All Teams” search for Poole Wheelers. Poole Wheelers will then show as an option below. Click on Poole Wheelers (it will be in blue text)
Note: your current teams will show up in the top half of the page so you can see if you are already a member. You can be a member of more than one team!
- In the top right, click on the green button that says “Join Poole Wheelers”
- Once pressed, a message will appear to show that you’ve been added to the pending queue for the team Poole Wheelers
Linking Zwift and Zwift Power Accounts (you must do this to gain points for yourself and the club – this can be a little tricky):-
- Login in to Zwift > Profile > Connections.
- Locate the Zwift Power icon and select Opt-In directly underneath it. (Selecting Opt-In means you consent to share your event results and Zwift profile on zwiftpower.com.)
- Once logged in to zwiftpower.com, select Connect at the top of the page.
- Enter your Zwift ID.
- Select Connect.
- Update your User Last Name in Zwift to contain your Zwift ID Personal Number found on zwiftpower.com. (If your name is John Everyman and your ID is 1234, you’ll change your name to John Everyman1234).
- After you add your Zwift ID number to your name, wait about a minute then go back to the Zwift Power page and select Connect my account.
- Read the consent form and privacy statement then select the two corresponding boxes stating you agree to give Zwift Power access to the aforementioned information.
- Select Agree. (You must do this to see info such as your weight, height, and heart rate in Zwift Power.).
Ref – Zwift Support