Online Virtual Racing
Since the development of Zwift online cycling platform and Zwift Power, we have seen a huge increase in the popularity of online racing and cycling events. Poole Wheelers have seen a big increase in the numbers joining the [PWCC] online racing team and have a dedicated WhatsApp group to help promote and organise the online racing team! If you would like to join the group, contact Mark Valentine for more information or check our Facebook group (search the group topic ‘Zwift’ for a history of all current and previous posts on this topic).
British Cycling Online Leagues
The British Cycling South organised LIZR (Local Inter-club Zwift Racing) Leagues have become very popular, more so since the 2020 Covid-19 lockdown in the UK. The leagues have generally been a short 8-10 week/round league which consist of local clubs to the south coast, including a few rival clubs in close proximity area which adds to the competitiveness to get more points! Races range from crit-type races, TT and reverse order races. Like RLR (real-life racing) Road Racing, the races are split into categories of ability with Cat-A being the strongest/fastest group going to Cat-B, Cat-C and Cat-D, Cat-D being the novice racers. These Categories are also split into Male and Female groups to increase numbers and the popularity across all sexes.
Join the BC South Region Zwift Community Facebook Group for more information.
Instructions to join the Poole Wheelers Zwift Power Team:-
- Create an account on Zwift Power
- Once logged-in, click on the Zwift Power icon in the top left hand corner
- Click on “Team”
- Under “All Teams” search for Poole Wheelers. Poole Wheelers will then show as an option below. Click on Poole Wheelers (it will be in blue text)
Note: your current teams will show up in the top half of the page so you can see if you are already a member. You can be a member of more than one team!
- In the top right, click on the green button that says “Join Poole Wheelers”
- Once pressed, a message will appear to show that you’ve been added to the pending queue for the team Poole Wheelers
Linking Zwift and Zwift Power Accounts (you must do this to gain points for yourself and the club – this can be a little tricky):-
- Login in to Zwift > Profile > Connections.
- Locate the Zwift Power icon and select Opt-In directly underneath it. (Selecting Opt-In means you consent to share your event results and Zwift profile on zwiftpower.com.)
- Once logged in to zwiftpower.com, select Connect at the top of the page.
- Enter your Zwift ID.
- Select Connect.
- Update your User Last Name in Zwift to contain your Zwift ID Personal Number found on zwiftpower.com. (If your name is John Everyman and your ID is 1234, you’ll change your name to John Everyman1234).
- After you add your Zwift ID number to your name, wait about a minute then go back to the Zwift Power page and select Connect my account.
- Read the consent form and privacy statement then select the two corresponding boxes stating you agree to give Zwift Power access to the aforementioned information.
- Select Agree. (You must do this to see info such as your weight, height, and heart rate in Zwift Power.).
Ref – Zwift Support