Earlier this year, Cycling Weekly put out a call for nominations for ‘Club of the Year‘ as part of their 2019 awards. We made an entry and are proud to announce that Poole Wheelers is one of three clubs to be shortlisted for the award!
The nomintation showcased a whole host of things that make our club great, with a few highlghts being:
- Massive growth in membership in the last year
- Breaking the 100 mark on female members (a third of the club!)
- Competetive success across the board, inluding:
- Luke & Tim riding in the BBAR
- Hosting our first Sprint Omnium
- Gail being 3rd woman in the Transcontinental Race
- Regularly winning the team prize at time trial events
- Upping our game with charity fundraising (over £3000 rasied for AboutFace this year so far)
- Ever-increasing options for club rides, led by the members for the members
- Growing engagement and innovation on our social media, including fun Strava Segment Challenges and amazing new promotional videos by Pete Watkins
- Remaining as true as ever to our reputation as “the friendly club”
The winning club will be selected by a judging panel and announced at the Awards Ceremony in London on 28th November. Graham Hurst and Craig Weston will be representing the club, taking the two complimentary spaces offered by Cycling Weekly. There is also a limited number of extra tickets available at £300 each. Please get in touch by Friday 25th October if you’re interested in buying one.
Well done to each and every one of you for being part of such an amazing club; this is a wonderful achievement whatever the result on the night!
As always, happy cycling