This week we have another jointly promoted time trial with our friends in Bournemouth Jubilee Wheelers, on Tuesday 19th June starting at 19:15.
This is a 10 mile time trial on their Furzehill course P472/10, and follows the two previous successful events this season. The inter-club competition is hotting up now, with Adrian Murray (BJW) just six points ahead of Mike Williams (PW) at the top of the table. The full top-10 stands as:
|Position||Rider||Club||Total Events||Total Points|
|1||Adrian Murray||Bournemouth Jubilee Whs||2||100|
|2||Mike Williams||Poole Wheelers||2||94|
|3||Ben Mottram||Bournemouth Jubilee Whs||2||85|
|4||William Soloman||Bournemouth Jubilee Whs||2||83|
|5||Rupert Silman||Bournemouth Jubilee Whs||2||76|
|6||Philip Evans||Bournemouth Jubilee Whs||2||75|
|7||Marc Wilmington||Poole Wheelers||2||74|
|8||Gail Brown||Poole Wheelers||2||67|
|9||Glen Axon||Poole Wheelers||2||65|
|10||Noah Miller||Poole Wheelers||2||61|
|Position||Club||Total Riders||Total Points|
|2||Bournemouth Jubilee Whs||27||1171|
There will be points awarded based on results for both TT bikes and Road bikes – so anyone can take part.
This event also counts towards Poole Wheelers’ Rothwell league.
Event details from BJW:
- Sign on for the BJW & Poole Wheelers interclub time trial on the P472 on Tuesday evening will be at Queen Elizabeth’s School, Wimborne. Given the anticipated numbers the usual sign on venue will not be suitable.
- Please park in the lower car park – to the right of the main school entrance – sign on will be in the foyer. toilets are available in the school.
- Please also note that the start/finish has been moved to Pig Oak at the junction of Furzehill and Petersham Lane, about half a mile further from old start/finish line. Riders will need to give themselves enough time to ride from the school to the start line: about 2.5 miles in total and includes a set of traffic control lights at the new housing development on the Cranborne Road.
- To get to the start riders need to turn right from the main entrance at QE school. After 300 Yards fork left down Stone Lane. At the T junction at the bottom of the hill, turn left and follow the Cranborne Rd for half a mile – through the traffic control lights – and then turn right onto Furzehill. The start is about a mile or so along the road.
There are four joint promotions this year, which count towards the interclub championship, and for Poole Wheelers members also our club leagues as follows:
- BJW (Pamphill) with Poole Wheelers, 15/05/2018 on P426/30k = Rothwell
- Poole Wheelers / Bournemouth Jubilee, 23/05/2018 on P459/10 = Ten Leagues
- BJW (Furzehill) with Poole Wheelers, 19/06/2018 on P472A = Rothwell (since it is a Tuesday)
- Poole Wheelers / BJW 20 mile (2 Cirs), 04/07/2018 on P459/10 = Ten Leagues for one lap, Rothwell for two laps
Approximate Strava segment of the course below.