Our next club time trial is on Wednesday 23rd May!
It is a 10 miles time trial on our regular P459 Gallows Hill course, starting at 19:30.
Please put your name down on this site in the comments section below which will help us to get a start sheet going, but as always entries on the line will be accepted.
This is another jointly promoted time trial with our friends in Bournemouth Jubilee Wheelers, and follows the successful first event on their P426/30k Pamphill course. BJW’s Adrian Murray won that one, but PW members did us proud with 23 out of 47 signed on riders from our club. We are doing these joint events to foster greater collaboration between the clubs, to encourage riding on different courses in the region and of course give our respective volunteers a respite.
There will be points awarded based on results for both TT bikes and Road bikes – so anyone can take part – and it counts towards our inter-club competition.
This event also counts towards our club evening ten leagues. We have no less than six(!) different divisions, so there’s a competitive element for everyone. After five counting events, the top-3 in each league are as follows:
- Premier Division: Luke Rendell, Nick Barks, Tim Flynn
- First Division: Paul Axon, Glen Axon, John Vinson
- Second Division: Nigel Rendell, Andrea Heslington, Matt Laishley
- Third Division: Les Jessop, Ellie Rendell, Digby Llewellyn
- Junior League: Tom Day, Dan Byrne, Digby Llewellyn
- Handicap Ten League: Nigel Rendell, Luke Rendell, Andrea Heslington
Check out the full list and points on our evening ten leagues results page.
There are four joint promotions this year, which count towards the interclub championship, and for Poole Wheelers members also our club leagues as follows:
- BJW (Pamphill) with Poole Wheelers, 15/05/2018 on P426/30k = Rothwell
- Poole Wheelers / Bournemouth Jubilee, 23/05/2018 on P459/10 = Ten Leagues
- BJW (Furzehill) with Poole Wheelers, 19/06/2018 on P472A = Rothwell (since it is a Tuesday)
- Poole Wheelers / BJW 20 mile (2 Cirs), 04/07/2018 on P459/10 = Ten Leagues for one lap, Rothwell for two laps
Strava segment of the (new) course below, and club records for the course are on our results page.