No matter who you speak to on the club run, the overriding word that comes through is ‘friendly’. (Cycling Weekly, 22nd March 2018)
Poole Wheelers is one of the most successful and friendly local cycling clubs, located in Dorset on the south coast of England. We have fantastic countryside with a blend of hills and open areas which are perfect for cycling. Find out more about us, join one of our regular events below or connect with us via our Facebook group.
Winter Timetable (September – March):
- Ladies Group Rideon Monday eveningsfrom Poole Park Cricket Pavilion – ideal opportunity to enjoy a social ride with other women, get fitter and increase your confidence with riding in a group.
- Road training ride on Wednesday evenings, multiple groups according to ability starting from Poole Park Cricket Pavilion.
- Club roller / turbo session every Thursday evening at Slades Park Pavilion for all abilities.
- Training ride every Saturday morning (road cycling, approx 17mph for 20-25 miles).
- Track sessions Saturday afternoon first weekend every month, at Calshot indoor velodrome.
- Training ride every Sunday morning (road cycling, approx 20+mph for 75-85 miles, experienced riders).
- Social club ride every Sunday morning (road cycling, approx 15mph for 30-35 miles, for riders of all abilities).
Summer Timetable (March- September):
- Track sessions at Bournemouth Cycle Centre (Slades Park) as well the last Saturday every month (starts with youth riders followed by adults)
- Ladies Group ride from Poole Park Cricket Pavilion – ideal opportunity to enjoy a ride with other women, get fitter and increase your confidence with riding in a group starting
- Time trials in various locations (check the calendar as this changes – also on some Sunday or Monday mornings)
- Social club ride from Upton, road cycling, approx 15-19mph for 20-25 miles (multiple groups)
- Training ride from Wimborne, road cycling, varying ride speeds depending on attendees, faster group approx 17-20mph for 20-25 miles, moderate pace to suit individuals.
- Training ride from Wimborne, road cycling, approx 20+mph for 75-85 miles, experienced riders
- Training ride from from Fleetsbridge roundabout, road cycling, approx 15-19mph for 45 miles
- Social club ride from from Fleetsbridge roundabout, road cycling, approx 15mph for 30-35 miles, for riders of all abilities.
Please check our events calendar for details about all scheduled Poole Wheelers events and rides.
Always check with the organiser or on our Facebook group first to confirm details and that the ride is going ahead. For the training rides, contact Craig Weston, for the turbo / roller or track sessions, contact Graham Hurst.
We are a social club, so our rides often end up in a local coffee shop.
Joining Poole Wheelers
We are always welcoming new members to Poole Wheelers. If you are interested in joining our fantastic club you can make any initial enquiries by emailing our club secretary Rachel Hadley.
If you have never been a British cycling member in the past and feel that you may become a member in the near future, you will get a BC discount if you join our club first and then become a member of British Cycling. This is because we are a Go-Ride club. If you would like more information on this please email our club secretary Rachel Hadley.
You can purchase or renew Poole Wheelers annual membership online via our club page on the British Cycling website.
If you would like to pay using a different method, please contact our membership secretary: Graham Hurst. Please note that the club reserves the right to decline or revoke membership, for example if a rider contravenes our codes of conduct.
Ryan Weston has put together a guide to assist new riders who want to ride with the club.
- Calshot Track Sessions 1 of 5 2nd November Book your place
22 October, 2019
- Poole Wheelers shortlisted for Cycling Weekly’s Club of the Year Award!
17 October, 2019
- Sign up: Poole Wheelers Hill Climb Championships Creech 06/10/2019
1 October, 2019
- Calshot Track Dates 2019/2020
25 September, 2019
- Roller / Turbo evenings start again Thursday 3rd October
24 September, 2019
- Wednesday Night Rides – Your Club Needs YOU!
18 September, 2019
- South Region – Club News
18 September, 2019
- Fill in your Wednesday club night rider form here
17 September, 2019
- Annual Dinner and Presentation Evening
1 September, 2019
- Sign up: Poole Wheelers Club Mixed 2 Up TTT Sunday 25/08/19 Gallows Hill Course
22 August, 2019